Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Rural Dog Wars Part 3 - Shoot, and OMG, the owner IS the Sheriff

Now here's the story Walt tells me some time after he's got me convinced the thing to do is to Shoot the damned dog (if I'm lucky enough to get a shot) and then tell the owner to call the Sheriff himself (that is, if your laws are on your side for shooting the dog).

So, Walt's going down the road and he sees one of his neighbors trying to save that guy's llama from a couple of dogs.  Walt helps out, and then they track down the dogs to the owners.  They're new in the area, and the husband happens to be the new Deputy Sheriff.

Walt and his friend (politely) explain to the new Deputy Sheriff the situation.  The DS, says, well, they're my wife's dogs and I'll talk to her.

Sometime later, Walt gets a call from his friend sayin'  "can I borrow your tractor to bury something?"

Sure enough, the dogs got out again and went straight for the llama.

So, Walt and his friend, more than a little afraid of the law, bury the dogs.

A couple days later, the Deputy Sheriff stops by when Walt and his friend are working on a fence.

"Have you seen my dogs?"

"Yes, sir."

"Do you now what happened to them?"

"Uh, yes, sir".

...

...

"I shot them.  They were going after my llama again."

"And I buried them."

...

...

"Okay.  I'll talk to my wife."


Now, I haven't seen Walt for awhile. I assume he didn't go to jail, but I'm also assuming he's not going to get any Christmas cards from his new neighbors any time in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. http://animaluncontrol.blogspot.com/2012/10/modern-savagery.html

    ReplyDelete